Monday, October 17, 2016

Interview with Matt Long


Matt is an English theatre, film & TV actor, writer and producer based in Norwich, he made his debut playing multiple roles on a National Geographic Documentary called UFO: Alien Invasion. Since then he has appeared in the comedy 'Z-Listers' and worked alongside Tony Denham in 'Age of Kill' (2015). Matt has appeared in Theatre Lead roles and is playing Jack Bishop in upcoming feature film 'Soldiers of Embers' produced by his Bulldog Films Company.

How did you get into acting?

"Like most people I've always been a fan of film and theatre. For a while I had this dream of getting into the industry but thought I wouldn't stand a chance as I'd never attended drama school, I was straight out of school and into a job. One day I thought to myself 'I've got nothing to lose' and started acting lessons with the Norwich Theatre Royal where I completed several terms and performed infront of live audiences. The buzz from a live audience fuelled my appetite. I then started getting involved in TV and Film. I always had a story I wanted to tell and after making some very useful industry contacts I decided to put my story on paper... several drafts and one year of prep 'Soldiers of Embers' is ready for filming from October 2016."

Who are your favourite actors/actresses and why?

"Wow where do I start. Johnny Depp is one of my favourites. I admire him as he can portray so many different characters with each role. John hurt, I could listen to him in awe all day, every performance is spot on and I love his voice. I respect the versatility of Al Pacino, he doesn't even have to speak but can say everything he wants with a look. Sometimes less is more."

Many British directors have achieved international fame and critical success, including Ridley Scott, Christopher Nolan, Danny Boyle, Duncan Jones etc. So, if you had a chance which UK director would you work with?

"So many great directors out there. Christoper Nolan is a genius, I admire what he puts into all his films. Interstellar was a masterpiece in my opinion aswell as the batman trilogy. I'd love to work with him."

Can you name your 3 favorite movie?

"Interstellar, Aliens, Young Guns 2"

What are some things that you love about your job?

"I love leaving myself behind and being someone else for a period of time. I also love networking and meeting people. I've met some fantastic talented people so far and that keeps things interesting for me. It's also nice to know one day If fame really took off I could use the gift to help other people less fortunate in life. I always believe in giving back."

What's your dream film role?

"I'd love to be involved in a historical WW2 film."

What do you like doing beside acting?

"I like to train at the gym a lot and spend time with my family. I'm also a self confessed techy geek so I'm gadget mad."
And finally describe yourself in 3 words.

"Ambitious, Fun, Caring."


Check out the facebook of Matt Long
and twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment